08 March 2013

Start drawing

Half a lifetime around and where did I start to learn drawing?
With books.
I really always wanted to at least be mediocre but was always kind of bad in the eyes of the world.
I started to refine my skills with the help of one book, the old version, that I would recommend everyone who wants to learn drawing AND is able to learn from books.

On amazon

It is "Drawing on the right side of the brain", resp. "Garantiert zeichnen lernen" by Betty Edwards.
It took me years because other things in life where interesting as well. I worked with the old and the new edition. The new needs too many preparations for my taste.
Just recently I realized that I left out some of the last color tasks of the "new book".

So this post is just to recommend it.
It was and is still helpful, theory as well as the practice.
I`d`say "Never give up!"

(I started the book in maybe 1997)

Right now I am working through other books. More about them in following posts.

Best wishes,
Natta

No comments:

Post a Comment