14 January 2013

Watercolors - Aquarelle and handmade booklets

Weeks and weeks without posting, at least not without doing artistic stuff. Due to a 40 hours per week job in my profession of art therapy I seem to lack time for the things I`ve done before.
I have some time there for experiments and you can see some of the outcome here.
Using Jaxell watercolors wax pen/cils and Stockmar watercolors on mostly watercolor paper I can get the most fantastic results.

It`s like how can this:




become this?



With magic! Watermagic!

To see the booklets and just impressions of watercolor pictures, jump!

You can click on everything to magnify




I made even more with more interesting inside papers and will do some with
Arches watercolor paper grain satinée 300g/qm. They are by no means perfect but they look great ;)


Looks a bit like Norway.











Still with water on it and you never know the outcome.




Whatever this might have become.

So I hope this retrospective of the last months inspires you to dabble in watercolors.
The technique is mostly wet in wet, where you put the paper into water, put in on a table then and put a lot of water on it, the brushing with the colors on it.
I used two more techniques I might show you later, if I do not forget.
If you have any questions...please comment :D


1 comment:

  1. Love this :) And yes, I thought of a topographic map of Norway too^^

    ReplyDelete