14 October 2012

Theatre of the night


Das "Theater der Nacht" in Northeim (Germany)

I had heard about it years ago when I was still in school. Now I was there for the third time in the last two years and I wanted to share a bit of the experience with you.
Once an urban place the whole building was magicked up. Noses on the building, puppets everywhere, a bony staircase, handmade furniture creatures and a new table decoration in their foyer (you get coffee, drinks, information and great mugs there) whenever I was there.

This time we saw "der Vogelkopp" - the birdhead. Many other plays are in their program and I want to see all of them in the next years.
`Nough said.

Follow me into one of my favourite places:








 Ring the doorbell



 Whoever this may be is welcoming you!




That`s a chair!
(I wish I had taken photos of the gazillion more fantastic chairs)



Going the staircase up and down the other puppets are waiting there for their plays to come.



The other side of the moon


Die Regentrude


Puppets from "The witch hunters", the first play I saw.



?


There be unicorns!




The last time I saw "The Night of Wishes: or, The Satanarchaeolidealcohellish Notion Potion"
these being two of the four main characters, looking gruesome.
 

And now for the staircase!






Cutie table decoration!

 Goodbye from whoever this might be!



Sorry for no photos of the show itself but the conditions are mightily bad to take any pictures there.
You can do mask and puppet workshops in the theatre  as well, become some kind of member and visit fine events, like a new year`s party or fairy tale evenings.




A very fantastic book on puppet theatre: Link to amazon

There is a first part of it as well. Even better but more about books.


I hope you enjoyed the little trip to the theatre of the night!

6 comments: