02 January 2016

Once upon a time - Neil Gaiman

I always loved the Sandman and the books of magic and a friend of mine as well. So we had an adventure - see for yourself:







I had the luck to meet Neil Gaiman once.
It was more than ten years ago and a friend had bought tickets for a reading of American Gods in Göttingen. Neil Gaiman in Göttingen! 
The town not far from where I came from!
Sadly I just had started to study somewhere else. My friend visited me and picked me up. 
I had started to get sick the night before but I would go. Puking on the Autobahn, shivering and fever would not stop me.
A long queue and a place in the front row, as far as I remember. Some german actor read terribly, someone introducing Mr. Gaiman seemed to think he drew all the comics.
Nevertheless there I was and happy at that.
Even better we could queue again afterwards to a signing hour!
We had nothing to sign and no camera. I have no idea why I had no idea and blame it on the sickness.
Neil Gaiman was as nice as imagined and we had some sketch paper at least that he would sign for us! And thanks for the drawn Sandman. 
I even had planned to give him a cheesy Delirium pic I had drawn :D Nevermind.
We got home afterwards and it was a horrible sickness night. Thanks to my friend and that we went anyway. I will probably not have the chance again.

The pub the signing was I remember as dark there weren`t many people there. The German actor who had read was there with a woman and being disagreeable for me. Neil Gaiman I can hardly remember, I remember a thought far away that I thought he would look handsomer :D But indeed when I see photos now he does!

2 comments:

  1. that's cool...i like a lot Neverwhere.. ew

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the Sandman comics the most but also some other books and have still a lot to read. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete