28 June 2012

Watercolors - artist, book, material

Might it be you know Stephanie Pui-Mun Law?
A great watercolor artist and ongoing inspiration for me.
I wish I could afford one of her elaborated watercolor pictures.
At least I got one of her books for working in a book-store and recommend it
to you as her technique is explained very good and easy to follow.
I have this one: Dreamscapes 1 and followed very close one of the basic tutorials on page 153 (Starry sky at dusk) and gifted it to my aunt :)





The paper she uses is Strathmore Illustration board, that I was finally able to afford. It would be lovely to never use any other "paper" again. On the starry sky I still used Torchon watercolor paper.
In the next pic you can see my workplace right now and some small pics I work(ed) on.



A sleeping baby in the moss (inspired by James Browne`s ACEOs), yet to be finished, a character - my first pic on illustration board, and the flow on it is great! A lady with red hair, sending death rays through her eyes. I used my new red antique ink from Rohrer and some colored pencils. The big white paper already has a sketch on it, hardly to see now. I use the light blue lead pencils Pilot Color Eno for sketching most of the time.

Sound like some advertisement here:) I am a art material fetishist and buy some new stuff when I can.
And mostly quality materials. If you ever would like to support me, you can ask if one of these pictures is available. They are not too costly for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment